We fight better when we stand together
CSBA’s Education Legal Alliance initiates and supports litigation in cases of statewide significance to all California schools. Working with school attorneys throughout the state, the Education Legal Alliance is a powerful force in the courts, and has proven highly effective in both saving and gaining schools millions of dollars and protecting the governance role of the board.
What We Do
Since 1992 CSBA’s Education Legal Alliance (ELA) has successfully pursued and defended the broad spectrum of statewide public education interests in the courts and before state agencies by:
- Initiating litigation and administrative actions
- Filing amicus (friend of the court) briefs and letters to support school districts and county offices of education
- Drafting, reviewing, and analyzing legislation and regulations
- Providing legal information to ELA members
- Every year the ELA publishes an Annual Report of each years' activities. Please click on the links below to view.
Who We Are
The ELA is a consortium of over 700 dues-paying school districts, county offices of education and ROC/Ps that have voluntarily joined. Your district may become a member of the ELA by contacting us :
The ELA is overseen by a Steering Committee composed of board members, superintendents, and education experts and is advised by the ELA Attorney Advisory Committee composed of prominent education attorneys in California.
The ELA Staff:
General Counsel/Chief of Staff