CSBA Registration Payments, Cancellation and Privacy Policies
As of May 1, 2016, CSBA no longer accepts purchase orders to procure CSBA products or services, or for event registrations.
Acceptable forms of payments:
- For membership dues: Invoices will be mailed in early May and may be paid by check. Please make checks payable to California School Boards Association, c/o West America Bank.
- For Annual Education Conference registration: Payments may be made via check or credit card. Details will be available on the registration page once registration opens in June. Please note that early bird registration rates will be available through August 1.
- Bookstore purchases: Payments for purchases made via our online bookstore by credit card only.
- All other trainings: All other trainings (such as MIG, Brown Act, Executive Assistant's training, etc.): Payments may be made via credit card or check.
- CSBA products & services (such as Agenda Online, Gamut Online, etc.) will continue to be invoiced. Invoices may be paid via check.
CSBA accepts the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.
Event Registration Policies and Procedures
The most convenient way to register your governance team for CSBA events is by using CSBA’s online registration system. Online registration payments are by credit card only. If your district does not hold a valid credit card, registrations may be paid by check.
Check payments: To ensure pre-registration, checks should be postmarked at least three weeks prior to the first day of the event (excludes AEC). Please mail your check with registration form to CSBA, c/o Westamerica Bank, P.O. Box 1450, Suisun City, CA 94585-4450.
(Click here to view the policy for our Annual Education Conference and Trade Show)
CSBA encourages substitutions from within a district or organization. Please send substitution requests via email to email@example.com.
If an attendee is unable to make an event or make a substitution, the following applies:
- Up to five (5) business days prior to the event, with written notice, registrants may cancel for a full refund. Please send cancellation requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone requests will not be honored.
- Cancellations or transfers received within five (5) business days of the event are not eligible for a refund as food/beverage and materials have been ordered on your behalf.
- There are no refunds for no shows.
CSBA reserves the right to cancel any training with fewer than appropriate participants in a single location.
CSBA will not release information about the registration or attendance of registrants other than in response to governing board action requesting such information or in response to a lawful subpoena or court order.
Frequently Asked Questions
I need to register someone ASAP and can only pay by check. What should I do and how will I know the person is registered?
Step 1: Scan an event registration form and signed check payable to CSBA
Step 2: Submit both scanned documents via fax to 916-669-3366
A confirmation email will be sent within two (2) business days of the CSBA Registrar receiving the registration form and full payment. Please note that all registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis, and registration is not guaranteed until you receive a confirmation email from the Registrar.
I want to register someone within five (5) business days of the training. What should I do?
Please contact the CSBA Registrar directly at 800-266-3382 to check availability. If space is available, the attendee will be registered onsite. Payment must be provided at the time of registration. CSBA staff will accept credit card or check payments on site. All registrations within five (5) business days of the trainings are subject to an additional $25 registration fee (excludes AEC).
If you have any special needs that we can address to make your participation more enjoyable, please call CSBA at 800-266-3382 prior to an event.