Important Update to our Payments Policy
Effective May 1,2016 CSBA will no longer accept purchase orders to procure CSBA products or services, or to make a reservation. This includes dues, all services and conference or training reservations.
Acceptable forms of payments
(CSBA accepts the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover.)
- For membership dues: Invoices will be mailed in early May and may be paid by check. Please make checks payable to California School Boards Association, c/o West America Bank.
- For Annual Education Conference registration: Payments may be made via check or credit card. Details will be available on the registration page once registration opens in June. Please note that early bird registration rates will be available through August 1.
- Bookstore purchases: Payments for purchases made via our online bookstore include credit cards only.
- All other trainings: All other trainings (such as MIG, Brown Act, Executive Assistant's training, etc.): Payments may be made via credit card or check.
- CSBA products & services (such as Agenda Online, Gamut Online, etc.) will continue to be invoiced. Invoices may be paid via check or credit card.
Frequently Asked Questions
I need to register someone ASAP and can only pay by check. Can we email a scanned copy of the registration form and check to secure a spot?
Yes, as long as the copy is of a signed check and shows that it is payable to CSBA. Check numbers alone will not be accepted. Scanned copies may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will the person be registered?
Upon receipt of the registration form and check payment. Registration fees for mailed registration forms & checks will be based off of the postmark date; scanned/emailed copies will be based off the email date.
What is the latest I can mail a registration form and check payment?
Five business days before the event (excluding AEC).
If trying to register with a check payment after the five business day deadline, here are the alternatives:
• Pre-registrations: Email a scanned copy of the registration form and check to email@example.com to pre-register, and then bring the originals to CSBA staff on-site.
• On-site registrations: Bring the check to the CSBA staff on-site and complete an on-site registration form. Please ensure the check amount is for the late/onsite rate to ensure checks are for the correct amount.