For the past 30 years CSBA has honored current members of the California Senate and Assembly, as well as members of Congress, who actively work to improve our public schools, support local school board governance and exercise leadership in the legislative arena. CSBA encourages all school and county boards to participate in this program by nominating a member of the California State Legislature, the California Congressional delegation or federal/state elective or appointed office for CSBA's 2016 Legislative Awards Program. We do require that nominees be from within your district boundaries.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Nominations must be received by CSBA by 9 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 9, 2016 to be considered. A board resolution limited to one page or minutes showing the board action must accompany each nomination form. The final selection of honorees will be made in September and announced in December or January.
Legislators may be nominated on one of five categories:
- Outstanding Legislator (State or Federal)
- Outstanding Freshman Legislator
- Special Recognition
- Albert S. Rodda Lifetime Achievement Award
- Dede Alpert Award for Exemplary Education Leadership
Nominations may be submitted via:
CSBA 2016 Legislative Awards Program
3251 Beacon Blvd.
West Sacramento, CA 95691
(916) 325-4030 Attn: Rachel Patteson
- Nomination Form and Awards Criteria for:
- Outstanding Legislator Award, Outstanding Freshman Legislator Award, or Special Recognition Award | Download PDF
- Albert S. Rodda Lifetime Achievement Award or Dede Alpert Award for Exemplary Service | Download PDF
Download sample board resolution language which can be modified for your nomination | PDF