Are you especially versed in a specific aspect of school law? Would you like to earn extra MCLE credits (4 times credit for the time you are presenting and discounted registration for the day of your presentation)? Share your knowledge with your colleagues at one of CCSA's workshops this year!
The California Council of School Attorneys is seeking proposals for the following events:
2020 Call For Proposals information will be posted in early 2020.
The call for proposals is a continuous process and we will keep a bank of proposals, so if you don’t make one deadline, you have the opportunity to submit for another upcoming workshop.
Material due dates have been included so you are aware of the deadlines that presenters will be expected to meet. It is extremely important that you are able to submit your materials on or before their due dates for the production of the workbooks.
Workshop presentations may be 1 - 1 ½ hours long. Workshops will include breakout sessions for school attorneys on specialized topics such as special education and community college issues.
The CCSA Board of Directors will use the following criteria in selecting presentations:
- Member preference - selection preference will be provided to current CCSA members.
- Prior workshop attendance - selection preference will be provided to presenters who have attended a CCSA workshop within the last two years.
- Workshop evaluations - selection of former presenters will also be based on previous CCSA workshop evaluations and recommendations.
- Topic relevancy - topics will be selected based on relevancy of content. Some of the topics suggested by members and attendees are: Conflict of Interest, PRA Requests, Legislative Updates, and Hot Topics. The Spring, Fall, and last day of the Annual Workshops have required MCLE presentations: Elimination of Bias, Ethics, and Substance Abuse. If your expertise is in one of these subjects, please submit a proposal.
* Please note that the board may request that presenters revise or combine presentations and that every attempt will be made to ensure that presentation opportunities are shared among active CCSA member firms/attorneys.
Submit your Proposal
Proposals must be submitted as an email (please no attachments) to Kyla Asbell
and include the following:
- Preferred workshop dates (you can submit a proposal for any or all workshops)
- Presenter name(s)
- Presenter firm
- Presentation length
- Presentation title and brief description
For more information, please contact Kyla Asbell at (916) 669-3268. Thank you for your submissions.
NOTE: All presenters must be practicing California School Attorneys and preferably members of CCSA, meeting selection criteria.
No proposals from vendors shall be considered.