LEA Medi-Cal billing option
The Local Education Agency Medi-Cal billing option program allows school districts to claim reimbursement for Medi-Cal services they currently provide to eligible children within the school environment. Reimbursement dollars can help to increase the amount of funding districts have to improve and enhance health services to their students.
Random Moment Time Survey (RMTS)
Starting January 1, 2015 the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) transitioned the new Random Moment Time Study (RMTS) methodology to replace the worker log methodology that had been the basis of the School-Based Medi-Cal Administrative Activities "SMAA" Program for more than a decade. While the structure of the SMAA Program is still intact, the method of developing statistical data for Local Education Agencies (LEA's) SMAA claims has changed. This new RMTS methodology provides a statistically valid means of determining what portion of the selected group of participant's workload is spent performing activities that are reimbursed by Medi-Cal.
- On-site LEA training.
- Easy-to-use forms or modification of existing forms to simplify billing processes.
- Determination of student Medi-Cal eligibility.
- MAA/RMTS training.
- Compilation of MAA/RMTS invoices and creation of the district’s audit file.
- Reports to help analyze your Medi-Cal programs.
- Updates on LEA Medi-Cal and MAA/RMTS billing issues.
Services covered under California’s LEA Medi-Cal Billing Option:
- Health education
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Psychological therapy
- Nursing services
- Specialized health care
- Trained health aides
- Social work
- Audiological therapy
Targeted Case Management
- Determining the needs
- Developing a plan
- Implementing the activity
- Assisting with crisis
- Reviewing progress
Services covered under RMTS Program:
- CSBA advocacy & support.
- Assist with RMTS operations and systems requirement.
- DHCS, LEC/LGA RMTS liaison, as requested.
- Assist with LEC/LGA program requirements.
- Quarterly RMTS program analysis.
- Quarterly RMTS/MAA coding report review and analysis.
- Quarterly MAA Claims generation and analysis.
Debbie Bickenbach, Marketing Manager