CCSA Professional Development and CLE/MCLE Opportunities for School Lawyers
CCSA provides great CLE accredited opportunities to attend and/or share your knowledge and expertise with your colleagues at four workshops a year with three of those being MCLE accredited providing Ethics, Substance Abuse, and Elimination of Bias in the legal profession. The presentations and materials benefit the entire school law bar. Each year, we solicit active member presenters for both CCSA workshops and CSBA's Annual Education Preconference - Legal Symposium for Experienced Board Members.
Workshop topics may be suggested by the Board, taking into consideration workshop evaluation feedback, members’ suggestions and current events. However, the Board invites all interested members to submit their topics of expertise and presentation proposals, including the required MCLE: Ethics, Substance Abuse, and Elimination of Bias in the legal profession. The Board then selects presenters based on a variety of factors and attempts to distribute presentation opportunities equitably among our active membership. All active members (i.e., those who have attended at least one CCSA workshop in the last two years) are strongly encouraged to take advantage of these opportunities to share with their peers.
Upcoming CCSA Events
- 2017 CCSA Fall Workshop, Friday, September 15 - Hilton Sacramento Arden West, Sacramento, CA (pre-workshop reception at the hotel, 7-9 pm the evening before)
- 2017 CCSA Annual Meeting and Luncheon: Thursday, November 30 and Friday December 1, 2017, CCSA Annual Meeting and Luncheon, San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina, San Diego, CA
- 2017 CCSA Annual Meeting & Luncheon Registration Form - please download and complete if you are unable to register online or need to mail in your registration with a check. Do not email form with credit card information. Fax completed form with credit card payment to our secure fax line, (916) 669-3265
- Hotel Reservations - You will need to contact Mary Biehl to get your member ID before you can make your hotel reservation. Please make sure that you DO NOT register for the CSBA AEC. Select Housing only.
- Agendas to be posted after September 1, 2017
COSA Professional Development and CLE Opportunities for School Lawyers
Our school law seminars and webinars offer invaluable professional development opportunities and CLE credit for school lawyers. These programs are presented by school law practitioners for school law practitioners and target your professional needs.
COSA School Law Seminars are held twice a year in the spring and fall. The spring School Law Seminar is held in conjunction with NSBA’s Annual Conference and draws hundreds of school attorneys from across North America. In the fall, the School Law Practice Seminar dives deep into complex, practice-related issues. In addition, participants can earn 11-plus hours of CLE credit at each seminar. Filing CLE credit and assuring approval in your state is an integral part of our seminar program.